- Every factory/ establishment can registered ESIC either proprietor/ partner/ private limited etc.
- And In an area Central Govt. all factories where 10 or more persons are employed the following establishments employing 10 or more persons attract ESI coverage.
- Hotels or restaurants not having any manufacturing activity, but only engaged in 'sales'.
- Cinemas including preview theaters;
- Road Motor Transport Establishments;
- News paper establishments.
- Private Educational Institutions (those run by individuals, trustees, societies or other organizations and Medical Institutions (including Corporate, Joint Sector, trust, charitable, and private ownership hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centers, pathological labs).
- In some states coverage is still for 20 or more persons employed under sec 1(5). A few State Governments have not extended scheme to Medical & Educational Institutions.
- How much time?
It take 3-4 working days (process, submission and allotment).
What is ESIC Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)ESIC Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) provides reasonable Medical Care for family and self from day one of entering into insurable employment. The scheme provides full medical care to the employee registered under the ESI Act, 1948 during the period of his incapacity restoration of his health and working capacity. It also provides financial assistance to compensate the loss of his/ her wages during the period of his abstention from work due to sickness, maternity and employment injury. The scheme provides medical care to his/her family members also.
- Employers are absolved of all their liabilities of providing medical facilities to employees and their dependants in kind or in the form of fixed cash allowance, reimbursement or actual expenses, lump sum grant or opting for any other medical insurance policy of limited scope, unless it is a contractual obligation of the employer.
- Employers are exempted from the applicability of the :
- Maternity Benefit Act.
- Employees’ Compensation Act, in respect of employees covered under the ESI Scheme. Employers have, at their disposal, a productive, well secured workforce - an essential ingredient for better productivity.
- Employers are absolved of any responsibility in times of physical distress of workers such as sickness, employment injury or physical disablement resulting in loss of wages, as the responsibility of paying cash benefits shifts to the Corporation in respect of insured employees.
- Any sum paid by way of contribution under the ESI Act is deducted in computing 'income' under the Income Tax Act.
- Incentive Scheme for employers for persons with disabilities:
- The Incentive Scheme for employers in private sector for providing employment to persons with disabilities has come into force w.e.f. 1.4.2008. Persons with disabilities employed on or after 1.4.2008 and drawing monthly wages upto ` 25,000/- are covered under the scheme. Employers are exempted from paying employer’s share of contribution up to a maximum period.
Kyc (all employee or employer)
COI or company details (EST. DATE ,ADDRESS )
Local Police Station (Address).
Near by or desire ESIC area or address.
Every person Mail id and contact number..
Nature of business.